Thursday, November 13, 2008

Visiting family







The first day we visited with Doris in the morning and then went and visted Gabes Mom. She has been in a care center for about 11 years. She had a stoke and left her partially paralized. She doesn't recognize us. She doesn't hear and see to well. It was very sad to see. She cries a lot, and I can't blame her. It would be very hard to live that way. She use to like scarfs so when I was in Victoria Canada this summer I bought a scarf at the Empress Hotel. I know when she younger she would have enjoyed having such a nice scarf. I thought maybe somewhere in her mind she would for only a min appreciate the times she had nice scarfs in the past and enjoy this for a second. I wrapped it around her neck you can see in the picture.

After we visited with Grandma we went into Winnipeg and made our usual trip to the Roots store to bring home sweet shirts for the grandkids. Gabe was great because the one we usually go to has moved. We were told it was some where acoss town but when we got there we found no store. We went to another one several miles away and Gabe waited in the car with Skyler and Mckenzie while we shopped for the perfect sweat shirt for each grandchild.

I really enjoyed my time visiting with Doris. The kids were so good. I love to watch Jody with her kids you can tell every waking second she is consumed with her kids and what is best for them.

I wished the rest of my family could have came with us.

No comments: