Sunday, April 19, 2009

Celebrating Easter

Our celebra- tion as a family.


I love to celebrate holidays with my family. Easter is a very special holiday. We usually do the Easter egg hunt on Saturday so we can celebrate the real purpose of Easter on Sunday. I am so thankful that Christ made the sacrifice for each of us so that we can strive to become better people as we often times make mistakes on our journey of life.


When I think of celebrating Easter for our Saturday celebration, i envision green grass and flower. Last year Easter was earlier so we ware coats to do the Easter Egg Hunt outside. This year it rained all day Saturday. I had given the grand kids the choice of doing an Easter egg hunt at Thanksgiving Point or at my house. They chose my house, which ended up being a very good choice because of the weather. They are making magnets for their Mom's refrigerators. It looks like it takes a lot of concentration. Than we made Easter bags so we had something together our eggs.








After we did our crafts we had some contest. Who can stand on one foot the longest, who could do the most jumping jacks. who could do the most set ups... Everyone won a price to Targert(gift card)








The Flashlight hunt started at dusk. the Easter Bunny had hid the eggs in the basement. Mckenzie just couldn't believe how nice the Easter Bunny was to do this for them. Its a week later and I am still finding Easter eggs in the downstairs. Good thing we didn't use real eggs.

No comments: