Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A beautiful day


Did you notice how pretty it was outside the last few days? I took this picture outside my house about 5:40 and it was still day light! I am so excited to end this long cold winter. We haven't had a lot of snow but it has been a long dark cold winter.
I think the reason it has been so dark is because the things going on in the world. The recession continues and I watch people around me and how it effects people. I know my job has been greatly impacted by the recession. The poor people in Haiti. But of course what we have been going through, the loss of our 9th grand child. Don't misunderstand I have felt the spirit and much comfort and I am so thankful for all the support people have given my daughter and her family. I keep thinking all the love and support will stop, but it has been a month since he passed away and the support keeps coming for her and her family.
The thought of spring brings more hope. The hope of a healing people in Haiti, an improved economy and hope of healing broken hearts for the loss of our Aaron. I think in this difficult time in our lives there is so much opportunity to serve. What great blessing can be found in service, such happiness can be found. Anyone reading this to day look around and see if there is someone in need. Even if it is just to give some encouraging words to someone that needs a lift. But mostly it is just my family that reads my blog, so I say to them thank your for your goodness. Thank you for lefting each other and being there for each other. Thank you for the good that you do for others. Keep up the good work!

No comments: